Sunday, February 15, 2015

DIY Sharpie Mug

Let's get crafty!



I got a pack of sharpies on Black Friday last year and I wanted to display them in a mug so their easy to access (and they look pretty too) anyway, I could not find a mug with the right quote on it, size, ect. so I decided to make my own.

This technique is really simple and I actually used it for my chalkboard at my wedding as well (wedding blog coming soon!) 

What you need:



White Mug
Image/quote of choice
pencil
tape
Sharpie (I used black)

Step 1
Cut out your image so it is the size that will fit your mug best. 

Step 2
Shade the back side of the image with pencil, make sure not to miss any spots.



Step 3
Tape the image with the penciled side on the mug.


Step 4
Trace over the letters with either a pencil or a pen. I went over mine several times to make sure it transferred.


Step 5
Remove image and it should be traced to the mug with pencil


Step 6
Fill in with the sharpie


Step 7
Wait at least 24 hours before placing mug in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. This helps seal the image in the mug.

End results!


If your planning on using a sharpie mug for beverages, do not place in the dishwasher and try not to was over the sharpie, just in case it decides to fade or come off completely! 

If you mess up with the sharpie, take some rubbing alcohol to remove it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment