Thursday, December 4, 2014

DIY Christmas Table Runner No Sew!

Another easy DIY Christmas project! No sew!

I saw this santa table runner at Pier 1 and thought it was awesome! However, it was way to long for my table so I decided to make my own. It was really simple to do, and alot less expensive.

What you need: fabric, an iron, iron on hem tape, ribbon 

For my table (which is a small round table) I used 2 yards of red velvet fabric I got at Joann Fabrics for about $10. I cut it once I got home to the width I wanted and used the remaining fabric for under my Christmas tree. (two birds with one stone)

You need 2 of the 2 yard rolls of fuzzy fabric trim (don't know technical term) unless you have a longer table then go by your measurements. I had a coupon for these and they ended up being around 3 dollars each.



I used iron on hem tape for this, but if you have a sewing machine feel free to sew everything on (might look better and will last longer) but for me since I don't have a sewing machine this is good enough.


My iron had to be up pretty high for the heat to melt the tape, but I used a towel to protect my fabric. Just hold it in one spot for about 30 seconds and move to the next spot.


Once that was finished I measured where I wanted to place the belt. I used black and silver ribbon, if you have a bigger piece of silver ribbon or fabric use that instead and cut a square in the middle it will look better, but I already had this ribbon from a previous project. Again, I used the hem tape to secure it.


I then decided to add more fur to the ends of my table runner.


 And the finished product. How festive! 


No comments:

Post a Comment